View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
question. Do you honestly believe that the hit that injured Malkin would not have occurred if we had some more goons on the team?
I think Malkin's hit was questionable. He lost an edge, was in a vulnerable position, and the dude shoved him into the boards. Was it dirty? I'd say it was borderline. Again, guy in vulnerable position, another guy takes advantage of it.

You're one of the guys that apparently confuses toughness with goons. Would having either prevented Malkin's injury? Doubtful. Would they have prevented Letangs consussion last year? Maybe. Could they prevent future cheap and questionable shots? It couldn't really hurt could it? Would we be a bottom-dwellar if we had Chris Neil or Colton Orr in our lineup instead of Tyler Kennedy, Craig Adams, Zack Boychuk, Richard Park, Chris Conner, etc?

Is it all a big unfortunate series of coincidences that our star players keep getting significant injuries? Is it a coincidence that when our stars take shots, nobody EVER has their back? Forget stars for a minute. There is no response for anything, ever on this team. Again, you guys may hate the physical part of the game. I already know you hate fighting in the hockey. But since both still exist, and since we have serious generational talents on this team, wouldn't it make sense to have some guys around that will take exception to this kind of ****?