View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Habs Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
There's not that many hardcore DD lovers. I think a lot are like me and just realize he's an asset to the team. If we can improve the position, cya DD. Trading him for sake of trading him doesn't make sense. I see him staying with the habs unless they can deal him for a need or package him for an upgrade. I don't expect him to be on the block for another 'problem' because he isn't one. Many like to suggest it's doom and gloom with DD but it really isn't. It's just Koivu all over again. Gets put into a role that's too high for him and as such people hate him. He never asked for top minutes or whatever, he just slotted into the lineup and surpassed expectations. At end of the day, DD is an asset to me, maybe a stopgap until galchenyuk is ready but it's not to suggest they can't co-exist either.
He's not going to be dealt this season but if Gally can keep up his production, it will come down to Eller, Pleks or DD. DD is the odd man out in this case. When we had Koivu we did not have the depth we have today at center, different situation IMO.