View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
there is a difference between toughness and fighting people. I want the team to get tougher. I don't even mind them fighting more. But to think it would prevent injuries like we saw last night is just plain wrong. That was as basic of a hockey play as you will ever see. Nobody is going to stop making basic hockey plays against our stars no matter who else is on the ice with them.

Had Geno been taken out by a dirty hit or someone taking a run, you might have a point. But he wasn't. Your argument has no relevance to the situation at hand. Neal and Bennett could have been wielding pistols last night and that play still would have happened.
I agree with you on this. Having Macintyre in the lineup likely wouldn't have prevented that. Having him in the lineup more than maybe a few games a year is insane. At least Laraque could play a little. But we've got way too many guys that are redundant in their weakness. And I don't think it's a coincidence that since we've lost all size, toughness, and nastiness, our stars are getting injured and our playoffs are short-lived. But if anyone can prove that wrong, I'm all ears.