View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 12:22 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
This is not an excuse quite honestly. That's basically the 3rd line, and a mediocre 2nd PP unit. Not many teams have epic 2nd PP units, you basically rely on your 1st, and then it's a happy bonus when the 2nd unit scores.

He's got a healthy PPG player in Stastny, and a 27 goal scorer in Jones that he can't seem to get to play to the level they're capable of.

He's also got Duchene, PAP, and McGinn. That's not a bad top two lines. He's got enough to work with. The PP should be better, and this team should not have trouble scoring goals with that group.

This is something a good coach can get a team to do.
I don't think your giving Sacco enough slack. We have a CRAP D-core, and missing our only really good defenseman. Add to the fact the team was rocked with injuries to our top lines with Lando and Downie going down, I'd say Sacco is doing alright with what cards he was dealt so far this season. The Avs are in the hunt and that's saying something about his coaching abilities.

He's not a great coach, I'll give you that. I don't agree with a lot of his strategy, but I will say he's impressed me with who he has. Compare our D to the rest of the league... Sacco doesn't have much to work with there.

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-23-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: see post above
iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote