View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I agree its hurt us in the playoffs. Though I don't think guys like Laraque or Orr are the answer. Even Asham. I think guys like Clutterbuck or Neil are the kind of toughness we could use. Guys like Stewart or Malone.

I don't agree that it would prevent injuries. I just don't think players are afraid to get punched a few times.
Oh I agree. Having a Neil or Clutterbuck instead of TK, and having a Stewart on the top line would make us menacing to play against. But this roster as is should be grittier than we've been showing. Again, Glass led the league in hits last year didn't he? I honestly haven't seen him throw a big check yet this year. Engo isn't as aggressive. Cooke is completely neutered. Adams hasn't been physical, and even Vitale hasn't jarred anyone this year. Something is up with this team. Reminds me of the final game in Slapshot where Charlestown just keeps taking and taking.

Yeah, maybe, maybe not. Cooke changed his game after his suspension. But he didn't seem to be quite as crazy after Kane knocked him out cold in a fight. I'd like to think that getting your ass kicked in front of 16,000 people would be a deterrent for some guys.