View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Maelpj*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
edit: nvm, not my battle to fight.
Before you edited your post, you affirmed that nobody was trying to use corsi to prove that Eller was facing tougher opposition that DD. Let me show you what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Although the somewhat small sample size so far, there is still a significant difference in Relative Corsi Quality of Competition. Desharnais is last among forwards with -0.090 while Plekanec stands in at 2nd with 1.721 (fyi, Bourque is 1st, Gionta is 3rd). Eller is in between them with 0.856. Meanwhile, Galchenyuk, with 0.407 ranks above Desharnais and behind Eller in terms of competition.

In terms of quality of competition amongst centers, it stands as Plekanec, Eller, Galchenyuk, Desharnais.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Interesting. It seemed to me that Desharnais was playing against better competition to start the season, but it doesn't surprise me that it changed after his start. Explains a lot, and credit to Therrien for adjusting.

This also shows why calling a line "first", "second" and "third" based entirely on their point production is deceptive. In the modern NHL you need multiple lines that do a little bit of everything.