View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 12:56 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
Something does seem like it is about to happen.

I would be surprised if the Pens parted with Niskanen, given the depth issues on d. Personally, I would not want the Wild to pick up Niskanen either. He's a good player, but I would rather us target Despres, Morrow, or Maatta. From a Wild perspective, I believe those would be the three that would have the greatest appeal, but we shall see.

The players on the Wild that I could see Shero being interested in would be: Cullen (he plays a decent wing, is fast, and good on faceoffs), Seto (OCPenguin is a crackhead), Clutterbuck, possibly Phillips, Bouchard, and maybe Scandella (if you needed a d prospect going back to help balance it out).

How these players are all valued, it is really hard to tell. GM's rarely see things the way hockey fans do. Problem is, we think we're right, and they know they are.
I completely agree. The Pens have a crush on Morrow and don't see them trading him anytime soon... kind of like how Fletcher has a crush on Granlund, Coyle and Zucker.

Also, the Pens are close to signing Mark Eaton for added veteran depth on D. That would complicate things further for us at an already crowded position. Add the fact that Malkin may be injured for a while, and something may happen sooner than some may think.