View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
hey guys. I am a kings fan that moved to nj. I watch A lot of rangers and devils games because i am a hockey fan above all else and have grown to like them both.

first trade to NYR dan boyle ryan clowe and 1st rd pick

TO SJ marian gaborik steve eminger

Reason: rangers get offense from the back end to help their fowards and their dreadful PP. plus another big body in clowe to stand in front of the net.

NYR get ryan oreilly

Col gets sj 1st rounder and mike del zotto

Reason rangers get o reilly who wants out. Gives Nyr depth and a little offense to replace gabs. He plays their blue collar system better anyway. in the future if stephan and oreilly tear it up, it allows them to move richards for a high end puck mover when boyle is ready to retire. Col gets a really good young d man to pair with ej plus the pick for a player that doesn't want to be their anymore.

go easy on me. Flame away!!!
Even if the respective teams accept, from a Rangers perspective it is:

Ryan O'Reilly, Ryan Clowe, and Dan Boyle for Gaborik, Del Zotto, and Eminger.

Considering that both Clowe and Boyle are UFAs after this year (I believe), I don't think the Rangers do this.

They get Boyle for Del Zotto, whose probably an immediate upgrade not by much though, but Del Zotto is the long term better option. O'Reilly gives them a good center, but where does he play with Richards and Stepan? Same situation Colorado ran into with Stastny and Duchene.

Similarly, Clowe fits like a glove in Tortorella's system, but he's a UFA. Rangers get good value and arguably a good deal in terms of players they get, but it doesn't make it worth it for them.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote