View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Did you even know who Willie Mitchell was when he broke into the league? He bounced around a few times and it took him some time to polish up his game and be considered among the best defensive dmen in the league. The same applies for Scuderi and the Kings' own Sean O'Donnell. They were all rough around the edges at first but through more experience they became stalwarts on defense.

I didn't say Forbort is the next Willie Mitchell, but if he is, the Kings have themselves a gem. You are still complaining about that pick? Have you even seen Forbort play a game? He skates very well, especially for a player with his size, and yes, like Mitchell, he knows how to use his stick effectively. Try watching him before being so judgmental and critical of him. You're just upset because he isn't a flashy player.
I think you confuse me with someone else regarding me being upset.

Yes during the lock out there were AHL and college games on the telly. I can tell you the most about the Texas Stars.

Willy Mitchell is a rare and special breed. He has a stick, few can play with. There are dozens of defensive prospects out there who are raw and rough around the edges. Exactly what you said. Forbort does not have much of an offensive game so he might be the next Mitchell. I think that's a bit far fetched. He might be the next Keaton Ellerby as well.