View Single Post
Old
07-15-2006, 09:24 AM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8 View Post
I've wondered what we're going to get with Wyman since we drafted him.

During his draft year a league coach said 'Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. ....' That quote is in his profile on the HF Habs prospect pages, by the way.

He obviously hasn't shown that yet, but, is he a late bloomer?

I don't get to see these guys very often, so, I can only go on what I read, but, I've thought that both Wyman & O'Byrne would be future & relatively important members of the Habs. Of course, I tend to think that of most of our picks.

To you Whitesnake & all the others who take the time to share their observations in these reports, the words thank you, don't adequately express how much they are appreciated, but, once again thank you.
That coach that lauded him was his high school coach. Going from high school to NCAA hockey is quite a step, and Wyman is now entering his junior season. If he's still an average player this season then I'll really start to worry, but so far he has shown steady devlopment in his first two seasons, and I would expect him to be one of the top scorers in his conference this season. He'll get top-line minutes unlike his rookie campaign and most of last season.

This is a huge season for Wyman IMO, and we'll get a better idea of whether or not he has the goods.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote