View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
almostawake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
ROR might have more value, but can you explain why you think he has that much mroe value than Little? On the trade board you say Little has 65% of the value of ROR. I find that impossible to believe.

Not that junior stats are important once the guys get to the NHL, but ROR has never scored over 20 goals since he was 15. ROR's first three NHL seasons are the same as Little's as well.

ROR has additional value due to the fact that he is 3 years younger and therefore may have some additional "potential", but I fail to see an argument that the difference between Little and ROR merits the Jets to even consider adding pieces like Scheifele, Trouba, Lowry, our 1st, or other valuable assets.
You're far too stuck on stats. Watch O'Reilly play. It's likely he'll continue to grow offensively, but even if he levels out at 60 points there's still a good chance he'll play on the Olympic team one day. That is the level of defence, board play, poise, etc he brings to the table.

There is not a doubt in my mind that O'Reilly would be the Jets most effective forward right now.

Don't get me wrong, he's never going to lead the league on scoring, but that's not the point. He's in the mould of Patrice Bergeron and has the potential to be just as good.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote