View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 01:23 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
For me it is more about getting a 1st. If the Stars can't get a quality young NHLer like Eakin for Ryder (which they won't because of the difference between 1 year before UFA and a deadline rental etc), I don't think they should trade for a 2nd and a good prospect unless that is all they can get. I don't know how someone could put an accurate value on whether a hypothetical 2nd and a good prospect < a 1st or vice versa, but the Stars have a bunch of players who fall into my definition of "a good prospect." I would prefer holding out for a 1st and the better chance that the team winds up with a higher quality player because the Stars need talent more than they need depth.
Sure. And you can probably get one. I am just saying I hope, you get a first for Ryder and we get another winger for something including our 1st and everyone will be happy with the deals their team has made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche Zone Play View Post
If the cost of two top 6 forwards - one of them being a veteran power forward with tremendous leadership - is a 3rd liner and mediocre futures, the Pens would be rolling 4 lines of snipers by now. This coming from a Pens fan.
Yeah, I dunno, putting a cost to Ryder is what everyone is trying to figure here and apparently it isn't easy, but Morrow is kinda inbetween that veteran power foward and a mediocre third liner himself these days, so I would not hang that part too high.