View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Like TRX had pointed out and I've been saying since forever - there are good and bad players in deep and not so deep drafts. Good teams pull good players no matter what the temperature of the draft is on draft day.

Last years 6th rounders Ullmark, Barber and Zlobin all look great this year, shouldve went way higher than where they went. Good scouts did their homework and robbed them late.
Yeah good note, so maybe instead of me saying its a real deep draft, lets just say whatever happens... happens. Just like a normal draft would be thought of

Really wish we took Ullmark. That honestly would solve our goaltending issue as of right now with the lack that we currently have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
Thanks, yeah, I was a bit surprised to hear that this draft is not as deep as initially thought given that all last year, like in the link you provided, all the talk was about what a great draft it would be.

It seems every year it takes quite a bit of time to get a read on how good the draft will be, even though of course it is hard to tell until another 4-5 years how good the draft actually was.

It does seem though that at least the top 7 picks in this draft are extremely solid. Also interesting that it is one of the few drafts in a while where there no longer seems to be a clear #1 nor even a clear top 2.
There hasn't been a clear #1 in forever which I love!!! Sooo much talent that makes me crave for a 1st this year!!