View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I think Beacon has really praised him after a few games, but over the course of the whole season I think that the "avg report" has been steady but nothing great. What I saw was kind of what I expected after reading Beacons reports all season.

In the game I saw, Emminger played and he was clearly the best D on the ice and logged a ton of time and carried the play, it does kind of become more apparent that McI needs some time.

Like I said, I am no overly pessimistic on McI. Definitely not. But overall he is still just not NHL level. It's possible that he in a half short time frame could be ready to step in to a 6 D role -- but I definitely think you hurt his development if he is brought up to the NHL before he has played well as a 3-4 in the AHL.
But a) You said McI was a 3rd pairing D-man, Beacon made it sound like he wasn't. That's not really a matter of opinion. So which is it? b) Isn't it relevant how a young prospect is doing in recent games? Young prospects improve over courses of seasons. If the most recent stretch of games didn't matter than Thomas who you praised has been mediocre.