View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:00 PM
cslebn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBJF View Post
But I look at how poorly the Jackets have done at developing players, and putting them into positions to be successful, and I have to think coaching is at least a part of that problem. If JD and JK think our youngsters are not progressing under Richards, that may help make the case for replacing him. Personally, I dunno, Moore seems to be progressing and several of the young d-men show real promise. But the youngsters up front still look like youngsters. Except maybe Dorsett.
I think this hits the nail on the head really. We've seen little to no teaching for our forwards. The scheming on the ice has been terrible. Decision making has been questionable (Brass is the worst center for FO % on the team and is worse than half the wings too). Richards has seemingly been as inconsistent as the team performance on the ice.

If there is one thing I expect JD to mandate down is to work hard and play hard every day and every night, win or lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
To get Tippett would be almost too good. But there will be teams bidding for his services hard if he comes available.
That would be a godsend. I just can't believe something so good would happen to the jackets. On the other hand, how good is Tippett even at developing players? Turris and Mueller both failed pretty hard with him and his system (very good system coach), though Turris has now gone on to do quite well with Ottawa.

What about Paul Jerrad, Joey Mullen, or John Stevens?

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote