View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post

“He basically taught me how to score goals by setting me up. I can admit I wasn’t a goal-scorer until probably my third year pro,” he said.

Desharnais, who will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season, topped the 60-point mark last year, yet he is often derided as too small and not dynamic enough to be a top-line centre.

Pacioretty thinks that’s nuts.

“When people doubt him, I’m like ‘bite your tongue, it’s coming’. He’s so good. Only true hockey people can understand just how good he is. I’ve never seen anyone who sees the ice the way he does,” Pacioretty added. “I want people to keep doubting him because that’s what keeps him going.”

-----

Some interesting quotes about DD from Patches.
Pacioretty is a smart man.

As for Desharnais’ next contract, if he agrees to sign a cap friendly contract (4 years/10-12M$), he would be a very valuable asset as a productive and cap friendly secondary scoring centre. Assuming such a contract, it would give us the necessary room for manoeuvre to find a big top 4 D and/or a replacement for Cole/Gionta.

The guy has elite vision, he competes hard almost every games and it is, like Pacioretty implied, always a treat to watch him ridicule his haters!

Good job DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post

(...)

And what Pacioretty said about DD: What do you expect him to answer? French media shoving microphones in his face asking him about DD all the time. He doesn't want to cause controversy. Pacioretty has always been a solid player without DD.
Sean Gordon from the Globe and mail = French media?

Ref.: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle8982874/