View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
By blockbuster trade, I believe you're implying a bunch of players involved in a deal rather than 1 big fish?
Correct although...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I think his example included Landeskog I also don't think he was being serious
...was not so serious WRT to the specific proposal I made.

I do think Shero will be trading for skill and at two positions now and using our high end prospects and picks and some decent roster players to make it happen. Can't see him trying another "scoring by committee" approach after it blew up in our faces in prior playoff years. This is going to be one of those deadlines + summer FA periods where things get shaken up a bit IMO. Now is the time to remake the team without blowing it up.

Quote:
I don't see it happening given that the Bruins are looking for offense and are in a win-now mode. I really like Horton though.
About as much chance of the Bruins trading us Horton as Washington trading us Backstrom. Will never happen. As long as Boston is a contender they won't trade with us for anything other than role player swaps and scraps.

Quote:
I think Shero will wait to see how Sutter & Jeffrey perform in their new roles while Malkin is out before he tries to acquire a center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
We'll be fine with Sutter and Jeffrey to fill the void. ROR is a target if he fits in our lineup with Geno. Don think this injury changes much.
I do. Jeffrey is not a top 6 caliber player (although I like his game) and neither is Sutter (ditto). You can plug them in and it may work pretty well in teh regular season, but once defenses start clamping down and the intensity is wrateched up a notch, guys like Jeffrey become invisible. Sutter might be able to hack it for a Cup run... but it's a pretty big might. Lot of pressure to put on the guy.

And to be clear what I mean is not "trade to replace Malkin long-term" but "trade to make us a legit two scoring line team again for the playoffs, and figure out the signing / cap situation this summer if the player(s) aren't under contract for at least one more year."

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
We don't have the assets to bring in a star caliber player...maybe a Horton type player but not a legitimate star like Perry.

I'm honestly wondering what it would take to bring in Horton right now, clearly not as much as 3 years ago, but it would still cost a bit.
We have a better shot (not a good shot but a better shot) at Perry because of where he plays and the fact that Anaheim could use some of our D assets, and are familiar with Kunitz (who almost certainly would be involved). But it only happens if the Perry re-signing effort, which has just started, goes bad in a hurry. Odds are pretty good they'll give him what he wants and he'll go nowhere.