View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 02:41 PM
benzino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Ok, he was an assistant on a team with Sakic, Roy, Forsberg, Foote, Lemieux, Deadmarsh, Ozolinsh, etc.... how much credit should he get for that ring? The Avs were a powerhouse in the making.

I'm not going to say he doesn't have his positives, but would Q lead this current squad into the playoffs? I'm not buying it. Sure, they may be a select few coaches who could make this team better based off of their strategy and game planning. None are available though.
When coach Q was Avs coach we had 2 average goalies in Theo and Budaj, Tyler freaking Arnason(!!!!!!!) and Patrice Breezeby and we still made the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons. The season we missed the playoffs we still had 95 points. Then Granato took over and the same team finished last

I can't 100% guarantee we would make the playoffs with coach Q but we for sure would be better than we are right now. Funnily enough Chicago got 2 pretty average goalies and they still manage to win. And they also won the Cup with Antti Niemi that also is a average goalie. I know Q juggles his goalies but he hasn't had the best goalies to work with over the years.

benzino is offline   Reply With Quote