Thread: OT: Jason Garrison
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
There's one thing I hate about the current coaching and it's the forcing of the long pass when it's not available. So many times I've seen Schroeder and Lapierre circle back to provide a passing option only to have the D pass it to a winger and lose possession. Most of those times the neutral zone is already clogged so the long pass isn't accomplishing anything anyway. Just get it to the center and then have him distribute it.
Agreed. I think the coaches are aware of this though. I've seen more regrouping and our centre's have been doing a nice job getting deep for puck support. We're also running the far side play that Washington used to use with Ovechkin.

I don't think you're going to find any coach happy with forcing that long pass. The read is on the D-man. Clearly that long pass is something you want if it's there, we need our D to make better reads. It's similar to a QB, you can't take that pass away or it makes them much less dangerous. You have to trust them to make the play when it's there and check it down when it's not.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote