View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Yeah. There's really nothing but idle speculation on that front at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
right. that's what I thought. CV just seems awfully sure about this 4-6 week minimum.
Guys, concussion estimates (as far as recovery time) are ALWAYS speculative, because every player responds to every injury differently. Even if the doctor came out right now and told us exactly everything wrong, and that Malkin is feeling terrible... we're still left with speculation. I said (losing track of which thread I said it in now), that IMO:

Very best case: about 10-14 days, because even if he starts feeling GREAT in a day or two (how likely do we think that is?), they have to run him through the PROTOCOL of practice-test-rest-practice-retest until they are 100% sure he's 100% able to skate full tilt with zero symptoms the next day and take hits, etc. Those test and wait periods alone (which wouldn't start until after the road trip most likely) would take several days to complete.

Likely case: 4-6 weeks, hopefully because it only takes 2-3 for him to feel better, then start skating, then start practicing and testing for recurrence of symptoms after down time etc.

Worst case: gone for the season because he fails his tests after attempting practices, or gets headaches again after testing, etc.

IOW, at every possible outcome, the Pens will drag this out as long as necessary to be 112% sure he's completely over his symptoms. We've been down this road before.

IN ANY CASE, feel free to copy this above and quote me in the other Malkin thread... this is about possible acquisitions (even if he does come back in a few weeks).