View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Bullwine85

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyincognito View Post
ESPN shills their product and nothing else. They lost USMNT soccer, so what do they do? Get Mexico's english coverage and then start shilling Mexico.
They still have the rights to USMNT home matches. It's away matches they don't have the rights to. Same thing with Mexico, they have the rights to the home matches, not the away matches.

Right now, ESPN is too focused on:

Kobe/Howard catfight
Smith/Bayless having a {MOD EDIT} **** waving contest
Tebow running shirtless at practice (seriously, they had a full article about it)
Manti T'eo and his nonexistant girlfriend.

They're even giving BASEBALL less coverage, and that's our pastime! And anytime they cover the NBA they act like only 6 teams exist. Even our NBA team (the Bucks, go ahead and laugh), barely gets any mention win or lose. Even when they beat one of those six teams ESPN hypes nonstop.

Even when the Lokomotiv crash happened in 2011, ESPN gave the front page to the Packers. And as much as I love my Packers, the fact that the crash was NOT the #1 story for about 5 hours was disgusting

All I can say is poor Steve Levy. He seems like one of the hosts who tries his hardest to give hockey a mention, with little success.

How can ESPN improve? Going back to their roots, and giving actual sports news. And maybe even getting the rights to sports Americans aren't familiar with (such as Rugby).

Bullwine85 is offline   Reply With Quote