View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Section103

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Did you see the four goals he allowed?

1st one was weak...probably should have had it.

One of the remaining was a total lack of communication on the D. Puck behind the net, he was looking one way, forward creeped in opposite side and took the pass, put it home. No chance for DeKort.

One was a puck that went over his head, he lost sight, and it bounced in. No communication from the D.

DeKort has done nothing this year to deserve criticism. He's sat on the bench for most of the year, put up some pretty good numbers for a rookie, and now he's getting a chance, with a depleted defence, to play. I'm pretty confident with him in net right now. If you're not, well, that's your issue, not his.

If you're calling it like you see it, pay more attention. He was hung out to dry on Thurs night.

BTW..."couple of good games"?

2 goals on 37 shots in Mississauga
3 goals on 37 shots v. Niagara
4 goals on 39 shots in Brampton
2 goals on 22 shots (40 min work) in OS
5 goals on 48 shots in Kitchener
1 goal on 24 shots in OS
4 goals on 37 shots against Kingston
2 goals on 40 shots in Sarnia
1 goal on 11 shots (relief) in London
2 goals on 22 shots v. Ptbo
1 goal on 47 shots in Guelph
3 goals on 34 shots v. Saginaw

But, please, don't let facts get in the way...
Aren't you the one who doesn't rely on stats? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm sorry if I rustled your jimmies.

As a fan, and not an armchair GM, I simply stated my opinion. And my opinion is DeKort is not going to carry this team next season. I really hope I'm wrong, but right now I cringe with him in net.

Sure, the team in front of him hasn't been the best and has hung him out to dry on occasion, but the same could be said for him. A good goalie gives his team a chance to win, even in bad situations.

Stats aside, he does not look comfortable in net. His rebound control is bad. His positioning is questionable. Maybe the communication problems you mention are on him? Normally I'm ice level, but with my wife's recent surgery, I've got a chance to watch from a suite. Different perspective, and my opinion of DeKort has actually worsened.

I really hope he can pull it together, but like the Leafs, we need some veteran guidance in goal.

Just my opinion as a STH and fan.