Thread: KHL Expansion
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Schalkenullvier*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Who knows? Do you follow german-russian bussiness connections nowadays? Believe me, there are german sponsors who would like to invest into KHL´s club.

Btw, one german car producer wanted to sponsor SKA, but KHL rules did not allowed it. You know, KHL´s main partner is Chevrolet, clubs can not promote competitor. That is a problem of KHL, this rule. Of course, not only problem.

If german firm wants to sponsor russian club, why not german´s?
I'm sure it would be a decent investment for a company that wants to improve their market in Russia... but wouldn't they sponsor directly in Russia for that? I'm not sure there's a company wiling to sponsor (with BIG money) a german team without actually getting much publicity in germany itself.

On top of that there would be many sponsors needed, because it is difficult to just start a club from scratch. It's a huge risk actually.They tried that in Hanover with the scorpions, and although they won a championship, the second division but traditional Indians are still 10x as popular in the city and the scorpions are always on the brink of bankrupcy.

Let's say they want to put a team in Berlin, the only chance they have is that it is the Eisbären switch over to the KHL... if you start a new franchise to compete with them, no one will go watch it, even if the Eisbären get relegated to 2nd division.