View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 04:29 PM
BigBuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
You're making the point others have made with 9000 fans if it's all about big market teams then nobody else will want to bid in the future.

I think Hunter only goes for it when he thinks he has a terrific shot at winning it all. I think Hunter got spooked this year with Kitchener, Owen Sound and Plymouth all being active. It's easy to rationalize not being active and pointing to Stolarz and Mermis but there's something to be said for have a good mix with goaltending. I don't think London knows who their #1 is going into the playoffs. It might be Stolarz but some of that has to do with Patterson stinking it up the last 6 weeks. It's ok to have confidence but I wouldn't be having a lot of confidence or puffing out my chest when the team has been average for 6+ weeks. It's awesome you got Stolarz he wasn't going to go to a bad Windsor team. Stolarz is strictly a mercenary and jumped on board with a very good team. It doesn't take a lot of courage to go to a very good team.

You can talk choke job but what Rychel is doing can't be characterized as that. They want to make a bid I don't agree with it but I am not going to beat the guy up for it, he has taken enough of those the past year. Politics is everywhere you go and blackmail? If blackmailing means making a greater guarantee than other teams I guess you would be right but when the whole event is geared towards making a big guarantee then every team is guilty of it even the Knights in 05.
Maybe Hunter didn't go all in this year because he wanted to save some bullets for next year when he could be hosting the Memorial Cup. He also has a decent team this year and surprised last year.

BigBuck is offline   Reply With Quote