View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:05 PM
sbrug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Fact is since the deadline the Knights have been an average team there are 6-7 teams you can point to that have clearly been better. What's so great about Elie? 5g 8a this year. You can talk about him being a key piece for the future but nobody knows if he will do that. You maybe could have drafted a better player than Herbst in round 1 and moved him for a guy like Trocheck. Or how about Graovac who went for little at the deadline and has really increased the offensive punch in Belleville? Mermis is no better than Kevin Montgomery who was decent in London but never really delivered on the potential. I don't think Plymouth, Soo, Kitchener, Owen Sound or Guelph are fearful of London in the playoffs. The London team last year was better, they had more depth and better goaltending.
We don't know what the future holds. If Elie turns into something or not doesn't matter if you trade him now for a rental who won't be back next year. Yeah they could have traded their first, hard to undo the past unless you have a time machine so I don't get why you'd bring that up. Next year is important because the team should be very good again and when trying to host the Memorial Cup you want every horse possible in place for that year. London hasn't been good since the deadline, but it seems like an unfair sample size considering they're still well ahead of the rest of the league. Saying London was better last year is subjective, better names perhaps on the team but the records at this point in time are nearly identical with the 2012 and 2013 teams. I'm sure you and hockeylegend were saying last year that London wouldn't get by Plymouth, Kitchener or Niagara but now you give that team credit to help support your point that this year's team is gong nowhere. You guys might be right, anything can happen, but I still like the Knights over any team in a 7 game series this year.

sbrug is offline   Reply With Quote