View Single Post
Old
12-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Blindside9711

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by reg dunlop
i am not a flyers fan per se, but who do you think the Flyers should get for goalie.. Clarkes comments about their being only 1 great goalie are true.. i think unless you are New Jersey, goaltending in the playoffs will be a concern.. i dont think Joseph is the answer...
Hey Reg, from the TP forums? Joseph isn't the answer, we have 2 young goalies that are apparently very good. Niittymaki, who is currently riding the pine while Hack-job screws the pooch out on the ice on a nightly basis, is a pretty highly touted Finn goalie who had been playing pretty decent in the AHL. I for one would love to see him get a start or two in before Esche comes back. It couldn't be any worse than Hackett blowing games for us.
There's also Roman Malek who was snubbed this off-season in favour of Jeff Back-up. I know why the Flyers would have reservations about bringing in another Czech netminder who demands an NHL contract, but this kid put up sparkling numbers in the Czech Elite League on the way to winning 2 straight championships over there. Why they scoffed at Malek in favour of a washed-up, step-behind goalie who was ready to retire is beyond me.