View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
That's the thing, you don't want to include a 'premium' asset, but O'Reilly is a premium asset himself. Unless we're getting an absolute value deal in Little + Burmistrov since you won't move a defender, I have no idea how you could bridge the gap from Little to get ROR. He's just not valuable enough on his own and the maximum it sounds you'll go is a 2nd rounder type value, which doesn't justify a trade in our perspective.

It'd be like the Avs offering McGinn + 2nd for Kane if Kane were holding out. You may think McGinn is a good piece of a deal, but a 2nd just doesn't grab your attention when dealing one of your key players.
Understandable, and I agree. If the Jets were dealing a young good player I don't want a lesser piece and a 2nd coming back either. But that doesn't mean I want to overpay either (which it would be in my mind if the Jets are adding a guy like Trouba), because Little is not that far off from ROR IMO to justify it.

I do like the analogy, but it's not exactly the same as McGinn is no where near as good as Little.