Old
02-23-2013, 05:27 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Remind me, which were they?

Am I missing the back door pilot parts? I've been a fan of this show since it started, I don't miss much in the episodes but with a busy life, you sometimes look things over.

Help a fellow Supernatural fan out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The one with the cursed family ? That would be a pilot for what exactly ? I don't get it.

People also say the one with the werewolf found footage was another one.

EDIT:

Before reading that post I had never heard about backdoor pilots.
The detective turned Witch and his loyal pooch was the latest one and the Men of letters one earlier.

For those who do not know what they are, they are an industry trick when doing a spin off of a successful show, such as CSI or NCIS, where there were announced as back door pilots. For all intense purposes, a back door pilot is putting a new cast in an existing show and give them more airtime then the regular cast.

CW sometimes does this, they will green light a slightly "different episode" to allow producers to build a new idea from an old one. With supernatural going into year 9, obviously they need to create some new things and try some things and they are obviously getting creative.

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver

Last edited by jumptheshark: 02-23-2013 at 05:35 PM.
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote