Thread: Value of: Nino Niederreiter
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 05:59 PM
islandermaniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
The NYI have no reason to trade Nino. Bernier isnt going to remain with the Kings. By not playing Bernier the Kings are seriously lowering his trade value and doing an injustice by him. He also happens to play the position of goalie and has yet to prove he is number 1 material.
Goalie is not the Isles number one need and they can find a starter as a free agent. Bernier wont cost the Islanders Nino even if they wanted him. Right now re signing Nabokov is more important to the team than aquiring a goalie in a trade. Furthermore the NYI just called up Poulin. Montreal did not receive a top prospect (5th Overall) for Halak.
the islanders have so many needs. i would say that goaltending could, in fact, be their biggest. if they can't re-sign nabokov, i think they could be in serious trouble for next year because i have absolutely no faith in the organization to bring in a goalie via the ufa market. you do raise an interesting point about what halak brought back. that being said, i thought the day of that trade and still do today, that the habs were fleeced in that one.

islandermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote