View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
One time, Pacioretty said he would rather play top-6 in Hamilton than bottom-6 in Montreal, and the overwhelming majority of the fanbase wanted to crucify him and trade him for peanuts.
Not sure what that has to do with anything.

Quote:
Since then, he's been very politically correct. He only says positive things.
Maybe he has always been PC but this one time he was upset (justifiably) ? Whatever, I think you're being delusional about this. Pacioretty isn't being PC here, he's heaping praises on DD when he really doesn't need to.

Quote:
As for DD, nobody hates him as far as I can tell. It's just clear to a lot of people he doesn't contribute positive value-added as a top-6 center, long-term.
Hehe, a ton of people hate him and think he's only there because he speaks french. As I said above, he can contribute positively to the team, it all depends how you allocate your cap room and how much DD is making. If there's an understanding that DD isn't worth your typical 60 pts centerman salary, then he can certainly be a valuable part. You give tougher minutes to Plek and Galchenyuk, and DD's line steps in and destroys weaker opposition. It's nice to have offense coming from multiple lines.