Old
02-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Go Griz

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
And that's LA we're talking here. where soccer is pretty big amongst the large mexican community.
While there is obviously a portion of the fan base that is Mexican...it's a small one.

Most Mexican fans in LA haven't change allegiances - they've stuck with the teams they've always rooted for in Mexico. The ones that have switched/aligned with a local team went with Chivas LA, which specifically exists to market to SoCal's large Spanish-speaking population.

I don't know what a MLS debate is doing going on here, but it's pretty pointless. The MLS is growing in popularity greatly, but that growth has happened in the stands, not on television. Unless you're a die-hard fan people just don't want to watch a mediocre league on TV. I'll probably go to more Galaxy games than I'll watch on TV this year...but I'll watch Tottenham and Team USA when they're on.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick