3. Mario Lemiuex
4. Maurice Richard
5. Doug Harvey
6. Jean Beliveau
7. Gordie Howe
8. Dominic Hasek
9. Jaromir Jagr
10. Martin Broduer

I'm a homer, I always put Bobby Orr ahead of Wayne. Just personal preference. I put Howe a little down the list because I think Richard was more dominant, Harvey is second only too Orr in defenseman and Jean Beliveau while not having the pure numbers Howe has, was a key member of 10 Cup wins. 10. Ridiculous.

I move Jagr into the top 10 because of numbers and pure dominance. I believe Hasek and Marty are the two greatest goaltenders to ever play. Goaltenders belong in the top 10.

Just missed: Niklas Lidstrom, Patrick Roy, Mike Bossy, Raymond Bourque, Bobby Hull.

Lidstrom is #11. I don't think being considered the 3rd best defenseman to ever play the sport is a bad thing. Roy is just behind Hasek and Marty. Hasek was the most dominant player in the sport for a decade, Roy just never dominated the way Hasek did in my opinion. Bossy is the greatest pure goal scorer ever. Bourque is in the same group with Lidstrom, Shore and Potvin as "just behind" Orr and Harvey. Bobby Hull was Bossy before Bossy.
Howe was more dominant and for much longer. Howe was top ten in scoring twenty times. Most players are lucky to player 20 years in the NHL yet, Howe dominated for over 20 years. He had no weaknesses. He was physical, great playoff performer and a great two way player.

canucksfan is online now   Reply With Quote