View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
I think some folks are overestimating the cost to trade for a holdout RFA, especially given that the cap is set to decline next season (meaning the number of potential suitors is smaller), and given that of those teams with available cap space - some of them are likely to be saving it to take a run at Getzlaf or Perry.

The cost for O'Reilly when a trade is finally completed could just as likely wind up being something along the lines of a Burmistrov, a lesser prospect like Klingberg, and a 2nd/3rd round pick or two.

I don't buy into the narrative being spun on the Avs board either. The info supposedly comes from a source close to O'Reilly... yet they also claim Little and his agent are aware of Colorado's interest in him? How does this person know that? Colorado are strictly prohibited from speaking to players under contract to another team, that is tampering... unless they've been given the go-ahead to negotiate with him, and that seems doubtful at this point. Some of the claims being made seem a bit far fetched or at the very least smack of wishful thinking, in my view.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 02-23-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote