Thread: Speculation: Washington as sellers?
View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 08:57 PM
EbonyRaptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
See Capitals, Washington circa 2009-10.

You go for it when you have the chance, because you never know what's going to happen with your young studs.
I agree. You can't count on future success. With the fantastic start to the season that the Hawks have had - they should go all-in as much as reasonable. Sometimes the best use of prospects and draft picks are trade chips. A short term "sure thing" player is more valuable for the Hawks than prospects and picks based on the circumstances of this season.

I wouldn't advocate getting a player that would put the Hawks into cap-hell going into 2013/14 - but picking up a rental without hurting the current roster should be done.

Ribiero is being discussed in this thread, but I'd rather get either Filpulla from Detroit or Weiss from Florida, both UFAs, before Ribiero because they are both better defensively and on faceoffs than Ribiero. But I'd take any of them if the deal were right. All three would be a better center for Sharp and Kane than Bolland is, and would allow Bolland to go back to his very effective role of 3LC and also move Shaw out of 3LC to a wing where he is better suited for.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote