View Single Post
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
vCash: 500
Went to the Barrie Colts-Guelph Storm game tonight, it was a pretty exciting game and there was a few draft eligible players.

Jason Dickinson is the most notable among them. He's been playing centre as of late, but was playing right wing, and then went back to centre late in the game. I felt he didn't really have the greatest game. He created offence, but looked lost defensively. It was pretty evident right away how skilled he is. Great skater, fast, good acceleration, and very shifty. He didn't use his shot at all, but he did show off his hands and was able to dangle around a few players. He made a nice steal on the blue line and got a partial breakaway which he got too fancy on. Overall, I really liked his skills, but he left a lot to be desired, and in all honesty that tends to happen more often than not with him.

I really liked what I saw of 6'7 winger Justin Auger. His skating is pretty bad, his stride looks really short and he was falling all over the place. For a big guy, he has wicked hands. He seems to have the puck on a string. However, he was pretty quiet up until the second, and he looked absolutely lost in his own zone. He hammered one of the Colts into the boards and then went straight to the net, where he made a cool between-the-legs tip. As the game went on, he became more physical and took runs at a few people. Once he bulks up, he's going to be scary to play against.

The most impressive draft eligible though was Erik Bradford. The centre has been a huge surprise for me this year. I wasn't really expecting much, but he's become a solid two-way guy who plays with a lot of heart. His skating is pretty good and he made multiple good passes, but his most noticeable asset was his hockey sense. He was positioned very well and made good plays. When the Colts were up 2-0 and on the PK, he went down to block a shot and then made a diving poke check to send the puck down the ice.