View Single Post
Old
07-15-2006, 08:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS-65 View Post
sorry I dont know the story very well I was young but I remember my dad who told me he could be a starting goalie ala Hasek

Tarasov was hyped when he came over after being one of the top goalies in the RSL. Imo I liked what I saw and had high hopes for him but injuries got in the way and cost him a lot of time. He came back from injury and played well imo, but then Garon returned from injury right before the playoffs, so the Citadells put Garon in nets for the playoffs and while he wasn't sharp (from what I recall) Tarasov was said to be unhappy that they never gave him a chance in the playoffs.

Later I heard that his wife did not like North America and wanted to go back to Russia. That's unofficial of course. He was not resigned and has been in Russia ever since. He struggled his first year back but since then has been solid from what I hear. I got to see him once with the National team but he sat the bench, I was hoping they would play him just to see how he's doing but at least I got to see Buturlin and Korneev.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote