Old
02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Back from SBP

man, what a game. Real gutsy performance by the guys. It wasnt as pretty as a game with our stars would be, but the sens looked like the better team most of the night, completely outworking the other team. Kudos to the coaching staff as well, it's clear that they were the better staff in preparation for tonight.

The game had, IMO, about 8000 leafs fans out of the 19499 announced attendance, with a heavy concentration towards the upper bowl obviously. I also noted a few suites full of leafers. That said, the sens fans went hard all night, matching the fan intensity easily. I was on the 300 sides, in a section that was probably 60-65% leafs fans. Very proud of the fellow sens fans in the section that counter-cheered them all night. To the credit of the leafs fans, at least in my section, even though the majority were piss drunk as usual, they were not confrontational and other than profanity issues, very respectful. This was probably a function of the game being so close and see-sawing all night, but for tonight at least, they were fine. I'll also mention that in the first period, a very distinct "oh ah silfverberg" could be heard for a while when he was on the ice from somewhere around the 300's behind the leafs net.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote