View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues88 View Post
How do you think he's playing? The good, the bad, and most importantly, they WHY.

To get it started (and paraphrase), I think he's a less physical, less in shape version of himself last year. He'll always be solid defensively and he's a notoriously slow starter but everything is magnified in a shorten year. I love his game when he's on but I'd like to see him bring more physicality to every game and for the 20 millionth time, I wish he'd shoot the puck more.

I'll admit he's underwhelming me but he was a GOD for about 35 games last year. He just looked unstoppable, so I guess given the context of this season, my expectations were foolishly higher than they should have been.

Interested in your thoughts!
I think that in addition to his having been out of shape from not having a training camp and pre-season games, he's also been playing "timidly" (at least-relative to his normal game); and that he's been playing that way because he's been playing hurt. He's been sitting back, avoiding making crushing hits he'd normally make, and not putting his full weight into hits he is making. He's always slower in his first 30-35 games of any season. But, he seems to have almost NO jump in his skates.

I hope he gets back to complete 100% play soon. It's tough when your team's #1 centre is playing at 85%.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote