View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:06 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong. but we won both of those series correct?

wouldn't that mean that.....we COULD SCORE more than the other team?

I may not be as smart as many of the other armchair GMs out there, but I was under the impression that, at the end of the day, the goal of the game was to score more goals than the other team you're playing against.

I mean, please, correct me if i'm wrong here. I mean, a team like Pittsburgh lost to an "inferior" team last year despite scoring seemingly 5 or 6 goals a game. I'm sure they are thrilled with their offensive prowess, i mean, who cares if you win or not.
C'mon inferno don't be so naive. By the same token they got knocked out by the devils because they had trouble scoring timely goals and scoring goals at all, and they had no depth on the bottom lines; at least not the depth that can chip in a little offense. Torts' system is too defensive. It is too safe. This constant dump and chase is boring and uneventful. They turn the puck over every time they do that. And what's worse is if you're really watching, they dump it in get beat to the puck, the puck slides up the boards and our defenseman start pinching but they are a step too late therefore odd man rushes keep happening.