View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Jag68Sid87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
This.

I ****ing hate fights after clean plays. Gudbranson did nothing wrong and should have to take a punch to the face to pay for it.
I love the way Gudbranson plays. And I love the fact he feels confident enough to lay on the body with a guy like Malkin. I would love to have a guy like Gudbranson on my team.

That said, you don't HAVE to do anything wrong for there to be retribution. This was Evgeni Malkin. You don't hit Evgeni Malkin like that with zero response. This is hockey and this is still a mean, vicious game with reactions to every action on the ice.

Remember when Keith Ballard (then with Florida) sent Geno UP and OVER with a gorgeous hip check in Sunrise a few seasons ago? Same thing. LOVED the hit. But you better send Ballard a little message there. And Sidney Crosby jumped in and dropped the gloves with Ballard.

I'm not saying you have to react like that for every clean hit that happens on the ice in a game. But when you hit Evgeni Malkin HARD, there better be retribution. That sends messages to your own team, the other team, the entire conference, the entire league, etc.

Winning teams do this.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote