View Single Post
Old
02-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Boreal

vCash: 500
The more I think about this, the more I am not that keen on ROR. I just do not trust his ability to produce points. Even if we acquire him, it will cost us assets, and we still will not have a #1, big point producing centre. Looking at the division we are likely to end up in, being able to put pucks in the back of the net is going to be at an absolute premium. Thus, if we are going to be dealing good assets, what we get in return has to be able to amp up our offensive production. I just do not see ROR doing that in any appreciable way. I would much rather acquire a centre who is far less responsible defensively, but does cruel things in the offensive zone. We have Burmistrov who is excellent defensively from the dot, we have Scheifele who is capable in his own zone and we already have Little who is a good two-way player. What does ROR add, besides a modest upgrade on Bryan Little, with perhaps even less goal scoring touch? A little sand-paper sure, but our issue is not sandpaper between Kane and whomever, or Ladd and Wheeler.

When I look at the quality top-line pivots (excluding the superstars) in the NHL, I just cannot place ROR near that group. Sure, I'd happily sell Little and Trouba or our first rounder and even more to LA for Anze Kopitar, but I certainly would never consider it in a million years for Mike Richards. The way I look at, ROR is a Mike Richards, not an Anze Kopitar. ROR is a nice piece, but not one that I would be overly interested in paying a hefty price for.

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote