View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
The point is, even if their stats were even (which they aren't) then the next,t piece to look at was how responsible they were for those stats. How often were they the catalyst for their line? In the cases of these two players, the answers are "always" and "never". They are worlds apart.
I think that overrates Elias a bit there. I wouldn't say the two players were "worlds apart". Hejduk did win a Richard trophy. He had a lovely Cup run in 2001. Routinely was a 30 goal man, peaking at 50. I'll give Elias the advantage over him, but I won't with Richards. To truly see the mark of Elias I think you have to ensure that beyond a shadow of a doubt he has surpassed a guy like Richards. Honestly, I don't think he has or will. Richards is also younger too and put on one of the best playoff performances in 2004 we've seen. I don't know a whole lot of people who would put Richards in the HHOF. That might be a barometer I would focus on because if he can't surpass one of his peers destined to miss out on the HHOF then I don't see why he is this mortal lock around here.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote