View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:39 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
I didn't like the scratch after the first game but since then, Eller answered pretty well the message Therrien tried to send him. Eller started playing a lot better and Therrien is not shy to reward Eller by giving him PP time, something you never see a 3rd/4th liner get. I'm pretty sure Eller realizes that if he continues to play well, this coach will act consequently and that's what we are seeing.

And yeah, it's about time that we see Eller getting quality wingers for once. Thank god we have depth in the wings this year.
We could just as easily say that the entire team was made magically better from benching eller, since it's not like there were many better players on the ice in that first game. Weird how Eller got singled out there. I wouldn't be surprised if Eller is hitting more mostly because of Therrien's insistence on 'intensity', but the defensive play, cutting through the neutral zone like a train, awesome board work and back checking like a demon were all there last year. Dude put on a significant amount of muscle over the summer and also played quite a few games overseas that may have helped refine his offensive game a bit more. If therrien were more daring, he'd have benched maxpac to take credit for the inevitable bunches of goals that would come out of his play regardless

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote