View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 12:49 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Pittsburgh didn't trade Crosby. Chicago still has Kane and Toews. San Jose did not trade Couture. Eberle is not like any of the examples you gave.
I'm not denying Eberle is a super talent, but he is basically a redundancy on this team with Yakupov around. And right now in terms of asset management moving him will benefit this team long-term in the future moreso than moving Yakupov. You'll get a greater return on the deal, and a high likelihood that Yakupov will replace his production in 1-2 years.

If Yakupov's value starts to supersede that of Ebs - then great, trade him instead. But I'd rather take a chance on getting the great return on Ebs rather than dealing Yaks before he comes anywhere close to his potential (and thus get compensated poorly for it).

I guess your trigger for pulling this trade is that moment you realize Yakupov is "getting it" and becoming that goal-scoring machine he is likely going to be, while getting 2nd line minutes.

At that point it's time to elevate him to 1RW and let Ebs go for whatever talent he can garner us.

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote