Thread: Paajarvi
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 01:57 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
There is 1 problem. His offensive skills are not being developed on the 3rd line. You are wasting one of his biggest attributes.
It's not wasting his offensive abilities if the players being given those minutes (PP time, offensive zone starts, etc) are being given to players who are more likely to do something with them (RNH, Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, etc).

And if he's as good, or better, in the defensive role he's been given than the alternatives, but also brings a clue on how to create offense when given the opportunity, then I repeat...what's the problem?

I guess my point is easily broken down this way...What's more important, Paajarvi getting (x) points, or the Oilers winning games? The only people that benefit from a "change of scenery" for Paajarvi is the team that gets him and maybe Maggie himself if a new role results in more points and a bigger 2nd contract. The Oilers certainly don't get better by trading Paajarvi for picks/prospects and replacing him on the 3rd line with Petrell (or someone like that).