View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 01:35 AM
RomersWorld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Thornton knew Benn could handle a real fight. Thornton didn't want to break Toews' face into pieces, which I am certain he could have if he had wanted. Anyway, I love this Benn kid. I'd give the edge to Thornton, but I give Benn props for fighting Jumbo Joe because I think it really changed the pace of the game, which had been kind of slow to that point. I love seeing these legitimate (non-staged) fights between two players that matter as opposed to watching two useless goons feeding each other fists as a sideshow.
Maybe if Thornton did break Toews' face into pieces than he would've given his team more energy. Instead, the Hawks were inspired and killed off the 4 minute PP that the Sharks had, while getting the best scoring chance of the PP. 3 minutes went by and then the Hawks drew a penalty and score 4 on 4 about 15 seconds later. Say what you will about Toews getting handled, but he clearly woke up the Hawks and the went on to win that game. If Thornton did more damage in the fight then maybe his team would've had more emotion and done something on the PP. Just saying. His team also lost tonight despite his fight.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote