View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Trading Hall or Yakupov or someone like that isn't really going to end up making those types of trades worth it. And that's the only way we get those players. Personally, I'm content that the team is making progress in a lot of the team based areas like the PK. Even without the goal scoring they had last year, they are sitting higher in the standings. If and when they start scoring, that can only mean they will continue to move up in the standings.

I'd be trying to get rid of guys that have no real future here and guys that may not turn out that great like we thought. Guys like Whitney, one of Paajarvi or Harti and I hate to say it but I think Petry should go.

If they want to get really ballsy about moving forward, package one or two of those guys with next years first round pick. We should be able to get some size with a package like that, without sacrificing the current core of the team.
I'm not really sure why, there's no sense on making random moves just for the sake of making news. Of course, Whitney is gone. Paajarvi and Harti? They're both showing improvement this season and are two bright spots on the roster - they are also two of the few forwards we have that are over 6 feet tall. Petry, again, I'm not sure why. Our D core is mediocre, why trade a good second pairing guy?

If we want to fill holes, it'll be Hemsky, Yak, Eberle on the way out.