View Single Post
02-24-2013, 02:58 AM
HF Needs Feeny
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Did you watch the Rangers game? There is at least 6-7 plays where Diaz totally killed off the Rangers' scoring chance.

He is simply solid defensively. Sure, he gets outmuscled from time to time but so does Markov (not that I compare him to Markov, I see more of a potential Tobias Enstrom kind of player).
There was a 1 on 1 play where a ranger was coming in with speed (I think it was Stepan but not 100% sure). Diaz was able to skate backwards and keep pace, while angling his opponent to one option, which was to beat him to the outside.

Diaz managed to stick check him cleanly and go up the ice the other way. It was a real thing of beauty, and summarizes his talents. If someone knows what I'm talking about, I'd love to see a clip of it again.

That play showed tremendous mobility and smarts. Size is his limiting factor, but he does show times where can compensate for that, especially off the rush. His weakness remains playing against larger opponents on the boards, and handling aggressive forechecks, which probaly has alot to do with his size.

A bigger frame would make make him a star, but he's still a nice asset to have the way he is.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote