View Single Post
02-24-2013, 02:14 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
No idea what Smith was trying to do here. Was he trying to fight Kadri? Trying to do the ole fake glove drop?

Pretty embarrassing for him to do that to some small finesse player either way. We'd be saying the same thing if a leaf tough guy did that to Silfverberg or something. I don't find it funny. Plus Neil is the only one to get a penalty out of all that, so antics like that do nothing for the team. Perhaps Neil and Smith should start showing some aggression towards opponents and actually stick up for teammates instead of acting like kids in the schoolyard or smashing sticks inside the penalty box.

I found it hilarious. And so did all my friends who are Canucks fans. Smith is a tough guy, maybe an agitator one might say. It can be his job to get under the oppositions skin to throw off key/star players. I have no problem with this. Many other teams employ the same style players. Just ask Canucks fans how they feel about Brad Marchand. It is what it is. I love it. It's not like he sucker punched Kadri or was feeding him punches.. He was just agitating.

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote