View Single Post
Old
02-24-2013, 03:17 AM
BackWithaVengeance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Schenn has played his best as a center (by far). Giroux plays his best as a center and is bordering on being elite @ faceoffs. Sean Couturier also is a pure center and does his best work playing the center position and shutting down opposing centers like Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos, etc. I wouldn't really want to move any of them to the wing. But that presents a problem, because all three deserve to be 20 min/night players but realistically a team can only have two 20 min/night centers; the guys centering your 1st and 2nd lines. Giroux will always be the #1C and since Schenn is more offensively gifted, I think he'll always be the #2C, which leaves Couturier stuck in the #3C role, where he's constantly see below-average offensive teammates, a ton of defensive zone starts, and match-ups against the opponent's top line nightly.

It's a tough problem to solve, but a nice problem to have If you know what I mean...

But I think eventually, it could lead to Couturier being traded to land a true #1 defenseman. Especially if Laughton comes up next year and shows that he can excel in a 3rd line / shutdown role.
Well written and I believe it is what it comes down to. The only concern I have is, when Couturier might be gone and replaced with Laughton down the middle we may be a bit short in terms of size.

Giroux 5`11"
B.Schenn 6'1"
Laughton 6'1"

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote